1. TERMS: Prices are quoted on a weekly basis, but other bookings may be arranged by negotiation. The usual time of take-over is 3.30pm. on the holiday start date, subject to unavoidable delays, and the property must be vacated by 10.30am. on the day of departure.
2. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: Unless otherwise arranged, a deposit of £100 is required on booking. When this is received, written confirmation of the booking will be posted to you with a note of the balance due. This deposit will be returned in full within 7 days of the end of the stay subject to any deductions for breakages or damage to the property.
3. The BALANCE: of the hire money as shown on the letter of confirmation is due and payable by you 8 weeks before the start of the hire. When it is received you will be sent, by return, a receipt.
4. FAILURE TO PAY: The lessor may treat the booking as cancelled by the hirer 4 weeks before the start of the hire.
5. CANCELLATIONS: must be notified to us immediately by telephone or email, and subsequent written confirmation sent. Regretfully we can only give a refund if the property is re-let, minus an administration charge of £25.
6. PETS: are unfortunately not allowed.
7. SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited in the cottage.
8. LIABILITY: The hirer binds and obliges himself to pay the lessor in respect of any loss or damage to any item beyond fair wear and tear.
9. OCCUPANCY: Except through prior negotiation the number of people occupying the hired premises must not exceed four.
10. VACATING: The hirer agrees to leave the property immediately from the termination of the period of hire.
11. ACCESS: The hirer shall allow the lessor or his employees and agents entry to the property for all reasonable purposes.
12. AVAILABILITY: If the property should be made unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control the rental paid will be returned in full, and you will have no claim against the lessor.
13. ACCURACY: We take great care that the information provided is accurate. However, we cannot be held responsible for any in accuracies, or for any judgements stated on our website.
14. CONTRACT OF HIRE: The Contract of Hire is between you, as hirer, and ourselves as the Owners of the property for which the booking is made.
15. On DEPARTURE: the hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition.
COVID 19: We are making every effort to keep the cottage safe for your stay and have enhanced our change over procedures to clean and dis-infect all frequently touched surfaces etc. We would appreciate that during your stay at Chapelton Cottage that you follow all current COVID 19 advice and guidance.